Puffed Barley and Oat Bar
- 2 cups (115g) puffed barley (can be replaced with puffed rice or additional rolled oats)
- 1 cup (115g) toasted rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (80g) pecans or almonds chopped>
- 3/4 cup (200g) VitaFiber® IMO syrup
- 1/2 cup (56g) butter or margarine
- 3/4 tsp (1.75g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (0.5g) salt
- 4 Tbsp (60g) dried cranberries or cherries coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup (16g) pea protein
- Puff the barley by deep frying for 2 minutes at 350°F.
- Toast oats in a 350°F oven.
- Combine VitaFiber® IMO syrup, vanilla extract, and butter in a sauce pan and melt together.
- Add pea protein and salt and combine.
- Pour butter mixture into a bowl with the puffed barley, oats, cranberries, and pecans.
- Let cool about 5 minutes.
- Pour into half hotel pan lined with silicon paper and spread evenly to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Place another piece of silicon paper on top and press thoroughly with a hotel pan the same size.
- Place a weight (large tomato can) on top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.