Roasted Almond Nougat Protein Bar
Power-up! These are the perfect snack for the morning or evening.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 - 2 hours (setting time)
Serving size: 2 bars
- 30g Unflavored Whey protein isolate powder
- 28g nuts (1 oz) chopped
- 1 Tbsp (0.5 oz) butter
- 50g VitaFiber syrup
- 1 Tbsp Lacanto golden sweetener (or 2 Tbsp powdered erythritol)
- 1/4 tsp maple extract (optional)
- In a small nonstick frying pan, on med heat, toast the chopped nuts.
- Once lightly browned, add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add butter to same frying pan, and brown butter.
- While it’s bubbling, add VitaFiber syrup, sweetener, maple extract, stir well, and remove from heat.
- Measure out whey, in the small bowl with the chopped nuts, pour syrup mixture into this bowl, and stir together.
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap, kneed until all incorporated, use the plastic wrap to shape into a rectangle, and refrigerate until firm.