Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars
Satisfy your carrot cake craving with this healthy breakfast bar version!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving size: 16 bars
- 1/2 cup VitaClassic syrup
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 tbsp VitaClassic syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, coconut oil, VitaClassic syrup and vanilla and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined then fold in the shredded carrots.
- Pour oat mixture into a prepared 8×8-inch baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the carrot cake bars sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bars are cooling, mix together cream cheese, VitaClassic syrup and vanilla and whip until smooth.
- Slice the bars into 16 pieces and drizzle the cream cheese frosting over top, enjoy!
Serving: 1 bar | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3.3g | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 4.7g |