VitaFiber™ Pizza Protein Bar
Here is a new and major twist on protein bars…. We invented a savoury protein bar! We tested a lot of savoury protein bar recipes and this VitaFiber™ Pizza Protein Bar was the most popular. It’s quite different from the sweet ones but it’s pretty neat. Even the method, with the dehydrated flavours, is quite innovative. Let us know what you think!
- 90 g VitaFiber™ IMO Syrup
- 30 g Pea protein (or any other protein powder)
- 30 g Pizza Flavours (see below)
- 25 grms tomato powder
- 30 grms Padano cheese powder
- 25 grms pepperoni powder
Tomato powder: Spread 50 grams of tomato paste with 7.5 ml of oregano on parchment paper. Place in food dehydrator with the cheese and pepperoni (separately) and dehydrate overnight. Remove from the parchment paper and grind to a fine powder in spice grinder or food processor.
Padano powder: Grate 40 grams of cheese and spread evenly on parchment. Dehydrate with other ingredients and grind in spice grinder or food processor.
Pepperoni powder: Run 40 grams of pepperoni through food processor. Spread evenly on parchment and dehydrate with other ingredients. Remove and grind again (very briefly) in food processor
- Heat the VitaFiber™ IMO syrup until warm but not boiling.
- Add protein powder and pizza flavour. Blend pizza flavor ingredients to the amounts above, adjusting the flavour to personal preference.
- Mold into desired size and shape and refrigerate to set.