VitaFiber™ Carrot Cake
Here is a really delicious, moist and healthier carrot cake – full of digestive fiber and prebiotics – that your friends and family will surely love!
- 2 cups (260 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) canola or other vegetable oil
- 2 cups (400 g) VitaFiber™ IMO powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (300 g) grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup (100 g) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (65 g) raisins
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (140 g) VitaFiber™ IMO powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (50 g) coarsely chopped pecans, for topping cake
- Heat the oven to 350º F.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper. Or, grease and flour the bottom and sides of both pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, VitaFiber™ IMO , and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the powdered VitaFiber™ IMO , a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy.
- Pour in cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Chill covered until ready to frost cake.
- When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top.
- Decoratively swirl the top of the cake with remaining frosting, leaving the sides unfrosted.
- Scatter nuts on top.