VitaFiber™ Chocolate Beet Cake
- 1 3/4 cups (270g) unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (220g) VitaFiber™ IMO powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (185ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (450g) beets, pureed (15 ounce can of beets in water, drained and pureed is 1 cup)
- 2 ounces (60g) unsweetened chocolate (melt and cool the 2 x 1-oz squares of baking chocolate)
- 1 tsp (3.5g) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine VitaFiber™ IMO powder, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in the beets, cooled chocolate, and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cover and let stand overnight to improve flavour
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or VitaFiber™ IMO powder.