VitaFiber™ Apricot Almond Bars
The perfect combination of nuts, fruit and seeds, these nutritious Apricot Almond Bars are VitaFiber™ Test Kitchen approved and are jam packed with fiber and are the perfect size to throw in your bag to get you through the day.
- 1 ¼ cups whole almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 10 dried apricots
- ¼ cup puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 TB flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup VitaFiber™ IMO syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Roast the almonds and coconut in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on them and occasionally stirring until lightly toasted.
- Finely dice the dried apricots.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Combine almonds and coconut mixture with diced apricots, puffed rice, flaxseed meal and chia seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine VitaFiber™ IMO syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat over medium heat until bubbling, continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the syrup into the nut and seed mixture and stir well.
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to get firm.
- Place the pan upside down on a cutting board until the bars are released. Cut into 10 bars.
- Wrap individually in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator for the best texture. These bars will last at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator.