Image by Ellen Whitney
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Humus with VitaFiber™ IMO
Who said healthy must be basic?! Try this easy and upgraded humus recipe at your next gathering. Thank you to @ellen_whitney for sending this recipe in to us.
- 1 cup (heaping) cooked sweet potato flesh
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup+ lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1Tbsp VitaFiber™ powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Dash of cayenne
- 2 Tbsp water (or more coconut milk)
- golden raisins, toasted cashews, olive oil, cilantro, flaky sea salt for garnish on top, if desired
- Bake a medium sized sweet potato at 400F 30-40 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Add everything from the potato through water to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning (sweet, salty, spice) to taste, and if you prefer a thinner hummus, add additional milk, oil, or water to change consistency. Serve topped with the garnishes and your favorite bread or cracker!