Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies with VitaFiber™ IMO
For anyone who likes gluten-free treats, we have a delicious recipe for you. Check out this melt in your mouth Gluten-Free Ginger Bread Cookies made by the fantastic Sam Briden.
- 2 Tbsp (30g) VitaFiber™ IMO syrup
- 2 tsp salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp (13g) blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp(10g) egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp sugar (or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in another separate bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until a dough ball can be formed with your hands.
- Place the dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a surface covered with parchment paper.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet also lined with parchment.
- Add toppings, if using, and bake for 7 mins (8 mins for larger ones). These WILL firm up more out of the oven so be careful not to over-bake.