Flapjacks with VitaFiber™ IMO
Flapjacks are lauded as a wholesome and healthy snack, but they are often loaded with sugar or honey. This easy, one bowl recipe comes together in a jiffy, and creates chewy, oaty, hearty flapjacks that are low in sugar thanks to VitaFiber syrup. These tasty treats also offer endless possibility for variety — you can add in any extras that tickle your fancy, such as raisins, nuts, chocolate, etc.
- 150g rolled oats
- 50g almond meal
- ½ cup VitaFiber syrup
- 60g softened coconut oil or butter
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup/rice syrup/more VitaFiber)
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or salted caramel flavor
- Optional extras, such as walnuts, chocolate chunks, raisins, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Smooth the batter onto the baking tray, and sprinkle with some extra sea salt, if desired.
- Enjoy warm with buttery spread, maple syrup, or toppings of choice!
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing into approximately 9 flapjacks.