Image by Tamara Meier
Cheesecake with VitaFiber™
Recipe by Tamara Meier | @strongher.fitness
How do you know when your cheesecake is cooked? Unlike most other cakes/muffins/breads – do not use a knife to check if your cake is finished! The best way to check if your cheesecake is done, is to give your cake a little shake. If a small portion in the centre of the cake, jiggles, it’s done. This will firm up during the cooling process, so don’t worry about it!
For the Crust
- 2 cups of graham crackers
- 1/3 cup melted butter
For the Cheesecake
- 16oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp white flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the Glaze
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup Vitafiber syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a large bowl, crush 2 cups of graham crackers into powder (a mortar works really well here). Add in 1/3 cup of melted butter and mix together.
Pour crumbs into a springform pan and press firmly into the bottom of the pan. Put base into a fridge to chill for 1 – 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, drop in 16 oz of softened cream cheese. Add in 3/4 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of whole milk. Blend together until a batter forms.
- Add in 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp flour, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 whole eggs. Blend together until everything has been well combined.
Pour batter over your chilled crust and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- While the cheesecake cooks… Warm a saucepan over medium-low heat
- Mix together 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup corn starch. Pour into saucepan and add 4 egg yolks, 2/3 cup Vitafiber, and 1/2 cup of warm heavy cream. Whisk together.
- Bring saucepan contents to a boil, lower heat and add 4 tbsp butter, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk together and remove from heat.
- Pour 2 cups of chopped pecans into your saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let the cake, and your topping, cool.
- Once fully cooled, add your topping to your cake. Spread evenly and place in the fridge to cool for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, release spring foam clips and place cake on a platter.