Candy Cane Protein Bars with VitaFiber™ IMO
You have to try these festive protein bars. Thank you to The Muscle Bakery for sharing this Candy Cane Protein Bar recipe.
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 scoops VitaFiber™ IMO powder
- 175g cashew butter
- 2 scoops (30g) chocolate whey
- 1 scoop (30g) unflavoured casein
- 1 Tbsp peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 6 small peppermint sticks, crushed
- In a bowl mix together VitaFiber™ IMO and water and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk and microwave for another 30 seconds. If you would prefer to do this on the stove, simply heat up the water and VitaFiber™ mix to a boil and keep whisking until the VitaFiber™ IMO has dissolved and you’re left with a liquid only.
- Fold in cashew butter first, don’t rush or throw in the remaining ingredients because it will affect the outcome.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until well combined, using your hands if necessary.
- Line a square silicone tray with saran wrap (to make it easier to remove later) and press your mix evenly into it.
- Place in freezer for up to an hour or until solidified enough to slice.
- Slice into 12 pieces and place back in freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Line a tray with baking paper or foil then melt chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water or in microwave. If you want your chocolate to melt a little bit runnier, add some coconut oil but bear in mind this will change the overall nutritional profile.
- Dip all the bars in the chocolate and place on tray, topping each with the crushed peppermint sticks.
- Place in fridge for half an hour or so for them to harden.
Calories: 216 | Carb: 11.5g | Fat: 12.5g | Protein: 9.3g